Suståne® 10-1-4 Natural Based Spring Starter Greens Grade Turf Fertilizer
Suståne 10-1-4 Spring Turf Starter is homogeneously granulated for greens, tees, and tight cut fairways. With a quick nitrogen release rate from Ammonium Sulfate, it is perfectly suited for cooler climates with late winters
Suståne 10-1-4 is designed for as a putting green fertilizer. Ideal for early spring or late fall application when cooler temperatures prevail. Suitable for use on all turfgrass types providing quick green combined with organic base.
Benefits of Suståne 10-1-4
- Provides quick green up followed by six to eight weeks of even color and growth
- Provides soluble nitrogen for early green up in cold soils.
- 75% of the total nitrogen is water soluble and readily available.
- The N source is in the ammonium sulfate form and is known to lower soil pH and aid in suppression of certain turfgrass diseases.
- Organic base carrier from Suståne compost and natural sulfate of potash supply all other nutrients and humic substances required for total soil nutrient cycling.
- The first high soluble N source for turf carried on and buffered by Suståne concentrated compost.
- Homogenous 1 mm particles - each particle contains all components
- Fast, uniform coverage penetrates into turf canopy with light irrigation
- Increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil
- Strengthens plants tolerance against hot dry conditions
- Promotes greater root development
- Improves buffering against changes in soil pH
- Increases the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens
- Increases soil porosity and stability for greater root development and water holding capacity
Always Safe for Plants, People and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed free, no blood or bone products. Allowed for export to over 60 countries world wide.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to application site.
- Contains naturally occurring beneficial bacteria and fungi that are necessary to begin nutrient life cycle in poor soil.
- Suståne is fully composted eliminating the need for sterilization, permitting a healthy environment for beneficial microbial populations.
|Total Nitrogen (N)||10%|
|7.5% Ammoniacal Nitrogen|
|2.5% Water Insoluble Nitrogen*|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||1%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||4%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||39|
|Salt Index (scale 1-100)||9|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||25%|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter, ammonium sulfate, methylene urea, and sulfate of potash.
*2.5% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter and methylene Urea
Availble Particle Sizes:
- Fine Grade, 100 SGN (1.4 mm - 0.6 mm)
- 50 lb. covers 5000 f2 @ 1 lb. N per 1000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 22.67 kg covers 465 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- Apply 10 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 50 g per 1 m2
Suståne Integrated Soil Management Program:
The following chart shows the recommended amounts of Suståne 10-1-4 for a typical integrated program.
|Uses & Application:||Greens & Tees||Fairways, Athletic Fields, Parks & Lawncare|
|Rate (lb./1,000 ft2)||Application Frequency||Rate (lb./1,000 ft2)||Application Frequency|
|Summer Stress/Disease Prevention||5-10||Monthly||5-10||Monthly|
|Dormant Feeding||10||Prior to Dormancy||10||Prior to Dormancy|
|Snow Mold||10-15||1 Late Season
1 Early Spring
|10-15||1 Late Season
1 Early Spring