Suståne® 4-6-4 Organic Flower & Vegetable Fertilizer
For Abundant Roots, Fruits and Blooms
Suståne 4-6-4 fertilizer is an organic slow-release fertilizer and soil builder ideally suited for plant establishment as vegetation starter for low P soils. Suståne 4-6-4 is specifically formulated to be gentle on plants, making it a go-to fertilizer for spreading with seed and applying to seedlings.
Suståne 4-6-4 works by replenishing the soil with a rich supply of humus (stabilized organic matter) and the essential nutrients required for sound and long term fertility programs. Suståne 4-6-4 provides a combination of slow-release nutrients and organic substances that improve soil health. Derived from biologically stable compost plus natural potash and feather meal.
Professional landscapers, groundskeepers, and turfgrass managers have turned to Suståne 4-6-4 for use on high maintenance turf and landscaped environments. While synthetic fertilizers supply plant growth nutrients, they do not supply the organic matter required to maintain quality growth. Using fully composted natural fertilizers increases the levels of beneficial microbial activity, which in turn converts nutrients into plant-available forms.
Benefits of Suståne 4-6-4
- Increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil, strengthening plant tolerance to hot dry conditions
- Promotes healthy root development
- Improves buffering against changes in soil pH
- Increases the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens
- Increases soil aggregate stability, porosity, and quality for greater root development and water holding capacity
- Provides primary and secondary (macro and micro) nutrients necessary for plant growth
Soil Preparation For Flower & Shrub Beds:
- Light, Sandy Soil: 20 lb. per 100 ft2 (30 kg per 100m2)
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 15 lb. ft2 (20 kg per 100m2)
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 10 lb. per 100 ft2 (10 kg per 100m2)
- 20 lb. covers 1000 ft2 @ 0.8 lb. N per 1000 ft2
- 22.67 kg covers 186 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
For Turf Establishment, Seeding, New Lawn Construction, Laying Sod and Sprigging
Preplant - Broadcast and incorporate into the top 4 in. (10 cm) of soil
- 50 lb. per 1,000 ft2 or 2,200 lb. per acre
- 25 kg per 100 m2 or 1,250 kg per hectare
Post plant (45-60 days) - Broadcast and water in
- 25 lb. per 1,000 ft2 or 1,100 lb. per acre
- 12.5 kg per 100 m2 or 1,250 kg per hectare
Fertilizer Maintenance for Large Trees:Once trees have become well established, apply Suståne into holes punched into the ground within tree crown drip line. Once the tree has developed a 4-6 inch diameter, increase the application rate to 1 lb. of Suståne per inch of tree trunk diameter.
Total Nitrogen (N)0.4% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
0.4% Other Water Soluble Nitrogen
3.2% Water Insoluble Nitrogen*
|Available Phosphate (P(2O5)||6%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||4%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Carbon: Nitrogen (C:N)||4:1|
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||36|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||80%|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter, feather meal, bone meal, and sulfate of potash.
*3.2% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter and feather meal
Available Particle Sizes:
- Medium Grade, 200 SGN (2.8 mm - 1.4 mm)