Suståne® 4-6-4 Organic Granulated Slow Release Nitrogen Fertilizer
Organic Plant Establishment and Soil Builder for turfgrass and landscape applications
Suståne 4-6-4 is an all-natural organic fertilizer for landscaped areas and is ideal for turf establishment, grow in, overseeding, and sod installations. Used by professional turf managers, groundskeepers, nurserymen, master gardeners and professional growers around the world.
Suståne 4-6-4 is a compost-based organic starter and maintenance fertilizer. It replenishes the soil with a rich supply of humus and all plant essential nutrients. Suståne 4-6-4 provides a balanced mix of slow-release nitrogen and other nutrients derived from biologically stable compost, natural potash, and feather meal.
Turf establishment accelerates with Suståne 4-6-4, a complete package containing slow-release nitrogen (SRN), chelated micronutrients, organic phosphorous, and humic substances. Suståne 4-6-4 has been demonstrated time and again to surpass synthetic turf starter fertilizers and other sources of humates and plant biostimulants. Using fully composted natural fertilizers increases the levels of beneficial microbial activity, which in turn converts nutrients into plant-available forms.
Benefits of Suståne 4-6-4
- Adds approximately 5% humates by volume, increasing cation exchange and organic matter
- Increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil
- Strengthens plants tolerance against hot dry conditions
- Promotes greater root development
- Improves buffering against changes in soil pH
- Increases the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens
- Increases soil porosity and stability for greater root development and water holding capacity
Always Safe for Plants, People, Pollinators, and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed-free, no sewage sludge, blood, or meat products. Allowed for export to over 60 countries worldwide.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to the application site.
- Contains naturally occurring beneficial bacteria and fungi that are necessary to begin the nutrient life cycle in poor soil.
- Suståne is fully composted eliminating the need for sterilization, permitting a healthy environment for beneficial microbial populations.
Suståne Integrated Soil Management Program
Turf Establishment, Seeding, New Lawn Construction Laying Sod, and Sprigging:
- 50 lb. covers 2000 ft2 @ 1 lb. N per 1000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 22.67 kg covers 186 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- 25 lb. per 1000 ft2 (12.5 kg per 100 2)
- Apply 12.5 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 125 g per 1 m2
Preplant - Broadcast and incorporate into the top 4 in. (10 cm) of soil
- 50 lb. per 1,000 ft2 or 2,200 lb. per acre
- 25 kg per 100 m2 or 1,250 kg per hectare
Postplant (45-60 days) - Broadcast and water-in
- 25 lb. per 1,000 ft2 or 1,100 lb. per acre
- 12.5 kg per 100 m2 or 1,250 kg per hectare
Warm Season Turf
- Athletic Fields, Parks and Lawncare
- Apply 4-7 times per season
- Spring and Fall - 25 lb. per 1,000 ft2 (12.5 kg per 100m2)
- Summer - 19 lb. per 1,000 ft2 (8 kg per 100m2)
Cool Season Turf
- Athletic Fields, Parks and Lawncare
- Apply 2-3 times per season
- 25 lbs. per 1,000 ft2 (12.5 kg per 100m2)
Soil Preparation For Flower & Shrub Beds
- Light, Sandy Soil: 20 lb. per 100 ft2 (30 kg per 100m2)
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 15 lb. ft2 (20 kg per 100m2)
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 10 lb. per 100 ft2 (10 kg per 100m2)
These rates are intended as guidelines. Suståne encourages a trial prior to changing any fertilizer program.
- Do not steam sterilize container mix after fertilizer has been incorporated.
- Do not store container mix more than two weeks after incorporating fertilizer. Plant material can be damaged by salt accumulation.
- Monitor electrical conductivity (EC) of container substrate throughout the production cycle.
- If the mix is stored longer than two weeks, leaching container mix may be required to remove accumulated salts.
- Adjust application rate as needed.
Total Nitrogen (N)0.4% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
0.4% Other Water Soluble Nitrogen
3.2% Water Insoluble Nitrogen*
|Available Phosphate (P(2O5)||6%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||4%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Carbon: Nitrogen (C:N)||4:1|
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||36|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||80%|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter, feather meal, and sulfate of potash.
*3.2% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter and feather meal
Available Particle Sizes:
- Medium Grade, 200 SGN (2.8 mm - 1.4 mm)
- Fine Grade, 100 SGN (1.4 mm - 0.6 mm)