Suståne Concentrated Compost
For Rebuilding Poor Quality Soil and Providing Essential Organic Nutrients
|Label||Spec Sheet||MSDS||OMRI Certificate|
Suståne Concentrated Compost provides the benefits of a nutrient rich compost in a concentrated dry form. Suståne Concentrated Compost is easy to apply and replenishes the soil with a rich supply of stabilized organic matter and essential nutrients required for quality growth. Suståne Concentrated Compost provides a combination of plant nutrients and organic substances derived from biologically stable aerobic compost.
For use as a general soil builder, erosion control, reclamation, bio-remediation, revegetation and building or disturbed or depleted soils. Native establishment and soil reclamation and remediation and in the production of certified organic crops.
Benefits of Suståne Concentrated Compost
- Provides the benefits of compost in a dry, concentrated form which minimizes transportation and application costs.
- Contains all primary, secondary and tertiary nutrients for plant growth eliminating the need to apply additional fertilizer.
- Adds approximately 10% humates by weight.
- Low Salt Index (6) requires no delay in planting following application.
- Supplies soil with 60% Organic Matter in the form of stabilized humus.
- Carbon: Nitrogen Ratio (9:1) ensures no N immobilization in soil.
- Increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil.
- Enhances the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens.
- Improves and sustains soil health.
- Improves buffering against changes in soil pH.
- Increases the soil’s C.E.C (cation exchange capacity).
- Improves soil structure, porosity, and stability leading to greater root development, infiltration, and soil micropores.
Always Safe for Plants, People and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA-permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed/seed-free, no blood, bone, or meat products.
- The only organic allowed for export to over 50 countries worldwide.
- USDA NOP, COR, EU, and JAS organic compliant.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to the application site.
- Suståne will not attract flies or other insects.
- Suståne is fully composted - not sterilized; enhancing the soil environment for beneficial microbial populations.
|Total Nitrogen (N)||2.0%|
|0.2% Ammoniacal Nitrogen|
|0.2% Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen|
|1.6% Water Insoluble Organic Nitrogen*|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||6%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||3%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Carbon: Nitrogen (C:N)||9:1|
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||38|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||80%|
|Cation Exchange Capacity (C.E.C.)||104 meq/100g|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter.
*2.1% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter
Available Particle Sizes:
- Screened to 100% < 0.25*
- 40 lb. covers 1000 ft2 @ 1 lb. N per 1000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 20 kg covers 100 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- Apply 40 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 200 g per 1 m2
Suståne Integrated Soil Management Program:
Land Management, Native Restoration & Erosion Control Programs:
- For 60 lb. of N per acre apply 3,000 lb.
- For 80 lb. of N per acre apply 4,000 lb.
- For 120 lb. of N per acre apply 6,000 lb.
- Light, High Sandy Soil: 136 lb. per 1000 square feet of bed
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 90 lb. per 1000 square feet of bed
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 68 lb. per 1000 square feet of bed
(Hydroseeding: Mix with water solution at a ratio of 4 lb. Suståne 2-6-3 to 1 gallon of water or 2 tons per 1,000 gallon tank)
Soil Remediation: For bio-remediation, forest re-establishment & extreme situations where top soil has been removed or badly damaged.
- Incorporate 136 lb per 1,000 ft2 into the damaged soil.
- Re-apply 60 to 90 days later at a rate of 68 lb. per 1,000 ft2.
Broadcast Application Rates:
- Low Rate: apply 1,200 lb. per acre
- Medium Rate: apply 2,000 lb. per acre
- High Rate: apply 2,800 lb. per acre
Timing and Methods of Application
- Fall application, post-harvest. Broadcast apply followed by light incorporation.
- Spring application, pre-plant. Broadcast apply followed by light incorporation.
- During planting, it can be applied by grain drills, banded or air seeders, direct with seed.
- During cultivation, apply next to row or use Suståne 8-2-4 for higher N demanding crops.
Preparation for Gardens, Landscapes, and Agricultural Crop Land:
Suståne Concentrated Compost is intended as a general soil builder for broadcast application and improving soil organic matter levels, cation exchange capacity and enhancing and diversifying soil biological activity levels.
- Light, High Sandy Soil: 14 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil 10 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam 7 lb. per 100 square feet of bed