Suståne18-1-8+Fe Professional Fairway and Landscape Fertilizer with Methylene Urea & PCSCU.
Suståne 18-1-8 with Iron is a two-part blend combining Suståne organic with urea nitrogen for enhanced and long-lasting color. The most economical coverage of any organic-based fertilizer. 12 - 16 week release rates.
Suståne 18-1-8 with Iron is the ideal fertilizer for use on golf course fairways and roughs, lawns, and sports fields. Suståne 18-1-8 with Iron is also an excellent fertilizer for all landscape areas as well as container topdressing.
Features of Suståne 18-1-8:
- Suståne 18-1-8+Fe is the longest lasting SRN turf fertilizer made by Suståne.
- Combines 4 different forms of nitrogen: 3 types of slow-release including Suståne organic N, PCSCU, methylene urea, and 1 form of quick-release nitrogen from ammonium sulfate.
- 15.3% (85% of total N) is slow-release nitrogen.
- 18-1-8+Fe is extremely safe and will not burn or discolor turfgrass.
- Uniform particle size allows for even application.
- Long-lasting Suståne 18-1-8+Fe provides steady, slow growth with excellent color for up to four months.
- 1 - 50 lb. bag covers 9,000 ft2 of turfgrass (245 lb. per acre).
- Also used as top-dress fertilizer for carrying over nutrition in containerized nursery plants and perennial shrub beds.
Benefits of Suståne 18-1-8
- Contains all nutrients necessary for plant growth.
- Strengthens plants tolerance against hot dry conditions
- Promotes greater root development
- Improves buffering against changes in soil pH
- Increases the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens
- Increases soil porosity and stability for greater root development and water holding capacity
Always Safe for Plants, People, and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed-free, no blood or bone products. Allowed for export to over 60 countries worldwide.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to the application site.
- Contains naturally occurring beneficial bacteria and fungi that are necessary to begin the nutrient life cycle in poor soil.
- Suståne is fully composted eliminating the need for sterilization, permitting a healthy environment for beneficial microbial populations.
Available Particle Sizes:
- Medium Grade, 200 SGN (2.8 mm - 1.4 mm)
- 50 lb. covers 9,000 f2 @ 1 lb. N per 1000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 22.67 kg covers 697 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- Apply 5.5 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 28 g per 1 m2
Suståne Integrated Soil Management Program:
The following chart shows the recommended amounts of Suståne 18-1-8 for a typical integrated program.
|Use & Application:||Greens & Tees||Fairways, Athletic Fields, Parks and Lawncare|
|Rate (1b./1000ft2)||Application Frequency||Rate (lb./1000 ft2)||Application Frequency|
|Early Feeding||2.75 - 5.5||1-2||2.75 - 5.5||1-2|
|Summer Stress/Disease Prevention||2.7 - 5.5||Monthly||3-5.5||Monthly|
|Dormant Feeding||5.5||Prior to Dormancy||5.5||Prior to Dormancy|
Professional landscapers have increasingly turned to Suståne 18-1-8 for use on high maintenance turf and landscaped environments. While synthetic fertilizers supply plant growth nutrients, they do not supply the organic matter required to maintain quality growth. Using fully composted natural fertilizers increases the levels of beneficial microbial activity, which in turn converts nutrients into plant-available forms.
Warm Season Turf
- Athletic Fields, Parks and Lawncare
- Apply 4-7 times per season
- Spring and Fall - 2.75 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Summer - 4.2 lb. per 1000 ft2
Cool Season Turf
- Athletic Fields, Parks and Lawncare
- Apply 2-3 times per season
- 5.5 lbs. per 1000 ft2
Soil Preparation For Flower & Shrub Beds
- Light, Sandy Soil: 7 lb. per 100 ft2
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 5.5 lb. per 100 ft2
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 4.2 lb. per 100 ft2
Container Topdressing Application Rates in Grams
Suståne 18-1-8 provides an extended-release of nutrients when used as a container topdress fertilizer. When determining application rates consider all cultural practices including irrigation, container substrate physical characteristics, and growing environment.
Container Topdressing Application Rates in Grams:
|Rate||5" Std.||6" Std.||1 gallon||2 gallon||3 gallon||5 gallon||7 gallon||10 gallon||15 gallon|
Low Rate: Recommended for use on salt-sensitive species; when concurrent with liquid feed; with production systems utilizing low leaching fractions (less than 10%); and when applied to heavy potting substrates (total porosity less than 65%).
Medium Rate: Recommended for use on medium feeding species; on most nursery stock and foliage plants; and when liquid feed is not performed concurrently.
High Rate: Recommended for use on heavy feeding species; with production systems utilizing high leaching fractions (greater than 20%); and when applied to light, porous substrates (total porosity greater than 80%).
- These rates are intended as guidelines. Suståne encourages a trial prior to changing any fertilizer program.
- Monitor electrical conductivity (EC) of container substrate throughout the production cycle.
- Adjust application rate as needed.
|Total Nitrogen (N)||18%|
|2.2% Ammoniacal Nitrogen|
|11.0% Urea Nitrogen*|
|2.6% Water Insoluble Nitrogen**|
|2.2% Other Water Soluble Nitrogen**|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||1%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||8%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Carbon: Nitrogen (C:N)||4:1|
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||39|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||85%|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter, polymer-coated sulfur coated urea, methylene urea, ammonium sulfate, sulfate of potash, and ferrous sulfate.
*10.5% slow-release urea nitrogen from polymer-coated sulfur coated urea.
**4.8% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter and methylene urea.