Biologically active hydro-seeding media for soil building, erosion control, and revegetation applications.
For use in DOT roadside establishment, erosion control projects, mine site reclamation, burn area reestablishment, and dune restorations.
Easy-to-apply seedbed amendment for rapid seed germination and vegetative establishment. FOUNDATION soil building media stays where it's applied, is rich in organic carbon, vital plant nutrients, and microbiology to replenish depleted soils.
FOUNDATION's unique blend of best-in-class ingredients for reclaiming depleted soils includes wild rice hulls, sphagnum peat, coconut coir, biochar, aerobic compost, plant-based tackifier, amino acids, and Suståne's proprietary blend of four Endomycorrhizae species.
Benefits of Suståne FOUNDATION
- Easy application - mixes easily with water and seed, and runs smoothly in hydraulic seeder systems
- Wild rice hulls, peat, coir, and tackifier bond FOUNDATION and seed application in place
- Improves soil structure and porosity, creating ideal seed germination and rooting environment
- Contains 4 species of endomycorrhizal fungi for enhanced water and nutrient uptake by plants
- Aerobic compost provides soil beneficial microorganisms for improved nutrient cycling and ongoing plant growth
- Rich in organic carbon for depleted soils
- Contains biochar to promote biological activity and improve soil quality
- Contains 1600% vegetative mass, 4 times more than required for more enduring benefits
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA-permitted facility.
- Available in 50 lb bales
Land Management, Native Restoration & Erosion Control Programs:
Suståne fertilizer application rates for use with FOUNDATION - Adjust based on soil tests and project specifications.
Suståne Organic Concentrated Compost 2-3-3:
Application rates vary between 1-3 tons per acre. Mix with water solution at a ratio of 2 lb. Suståne Concentrated Compost to 1 gallon of water 1 ton per 1,000-gallon tank.
Suståne 4-6-4 All Natural Organic:
- For 44 lb. of N per acre apply 1100 lb.
- For 88 lb. of N per acre apply 2200 lb.
Suståne 5-2-4 All Natural Organic:
- For 44 lb. of N per acre apply 880 lb.
- For 90 lb. of N per acre apply 1800 lb.
- For 130 lb. of N per acre apply 2600 lb.
Suståne 8-2-4 All Natural Organic
- For 44 lb. of N per acre apply 550 lb.
- For 90 lb. of N per acre apply 1100 lb.
- For 130 lb. of N per acre apply 1700 lb.