Suståne 8-2-4 is a natural organic slow-release fertilizer that provides a high amount of organic nitrogen for lasting plant nutrition.
Suståne 8-2-4 natural and organic fertilizer provides a balanced feed that promotes a rapid and vigorous vegetative establishment with 6 - 12 weeks of nitrogen in the organic slow-release form. Suståne replenishes the soil with a rich supply of humus (stabilized organic matter) and all of the primary, secondary and minor nutrients essential for quality growth. Suståne 8-2-4 provides a combination of dense plant nutrients and organic substances derived from biologically stable compost plus natural sulfate of potash and feather meal.
Suståne 8-2-4 provides a safe, simple, and cost-effective feeding solution for all types of crops. 8-2-4 provides balanced nutrition from seed through harvest. Suståne 8-2-4 is the perfect fertilizer for when you need significant quantities of organic slow-release nitrogen with low burn potential. Great for specialty crop production in high-quality soils or potting mixes.
Suståne 8-2-4 is a complete package fertilizer containing Slow Release Nitrogen, chelated micronutrients, organic phosphorous, and humic substances. Suståne 8-2-4 has been demonstrated time and again to surpass synthetic turf starter fertilizers and other sources of humates and plant biostimulants.
For use in the production of certified organic gardens, greenhouse bedding plants and annual establishment.
Benefits of Suståne 8-2-4
• Formulated to deliver an optimal mix of macronutrients
• Supplies a balanced mix of secondary and micronutrients
• Adds approximately 6% humic acid for enhanced cation exchange capacity and a source of carbon
• Increases nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil
• Enhances plant stress tolerance in any environment or soil type
• Formulated with aerobic compost to support natural soilborne disease suppression
• Supports soil particle aggregation, increasing permeability, and nutrient cycling
• Improves soil health
• Can be applied at higher N rates than other
Always Safe for Plants, People, Pollinators, and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed-free, no blood or bone products. Allowed for export to over 60 countries worldwide.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to the application site.
- Contains naturally occurring beneficial bacteria and fungi that are necessary to begin the nutrient life cycle in poor soil.
- Suståne is fully composted eliminating the need for sterilization, permitting a healthy environment for beneficial microbial populations.
Incorporating into Potting Soil Mixes and other Container Substrates:
Sustane 8-2-4 provides a constant release of nutrients when used with container substrates with an average temperature of 70oF / 21oC. When determining application rates consider all cultural practices including irrigation, container substrate physical characteristics, and growing environment.
Container Mix Application Rates:
|Container Mix Rates by Volume|
|lb. per cubic yard||kg per cubic meter|
Low Rate: Recommended for use on salt-sensitive species; when concurrent with liquid feed; with production systems utilizing low leaching fractions (less than 10%); and when applied to heavy potting substrates (total porosity less than 65%).
Medium Rate: Recommended for use on medium feeding species; on most nursery stock and foliage plants; and when liquid feed is not performed concurrently.
High Rate: Recommended for use on heavy feeding species; with production systems utilizing high leaching fractions (greater than 20%); and when applied to light, porous substrates (total porosity greater than 80%).
Bulk Density of Suståne 8-2-4:
|Rounded Measure (Volume)||Grams (weight)|
|Teaspoon (tsp)||Tablespoon (Tbsp.)||1 oz.||1/4 cup||1/2 cup||1 cup|
Container Topdressing Application Rates in Grams:
|Rate||5" Std.||6" Std.||1 gallon||2 gallon||3 gallon||5 gallon||7 gallon||10 gallon||15 gallon|
- These rates are intended as guidelines. Suståne encourages a trial prior to changing any fertilizer program.
- Do not steam sterilize container mix after fertilizer has been incorporated.
- Do not store container mix more than two weeks after incorporating fertilizer. Plant material can be damaged by salt accumulation.
- Monitor electrical conductivity (EC) of container substrate throughout the production cycle.
- If the mix is stored longer than two weeks, leaching container mix may be required to remove accumulated salts.
- Adjust application rate as needed.
|Total Nitrogen (N)||8%|
|0.4% Ammoniacal Nitrogen|
|0.4% Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen|
|7.2% Water Insoluble Organic Nitrogen*|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||2%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||4%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||38|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||90%|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter, feather meal, and sulfate of potash.
*7.2% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter and feather meal
Available Particle Sizes:
- Medium Grade, 200 SGN (2.8 mm - 1.4 mm)
- Fine Grade, 100 SGN (1.4 mm - 0.6 mm)
- 50 lb. covers 4000 ft2 @ 1 lb. N per 1000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 22.67 kg covers 372 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- Apply 12.5 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 63 g per 1 m2