Suståne 3-7-2 Natural and Organic Fertilizer with Mycorrhizae and Humates
Suståne 3-7-2 helps build healthy soil microbial communities in damaged or depleted soils. The addition of beneficial microbiology from aerobic compost combined with mycorrhizal fungi and humic acid promotes microbial bio-diversity.
Suståne 3-7-2 Natural Organic Fertilizer combines nutrient-dense, concentrated compost with mycorrhizal fungi and additional humates from lignite. Suståne replenishes the soil with a rich supply of humus (stabilized organic matter) and all of the essential nutrients required for quality growth. Suståne 3-7-2 provides a concentrated package of plant macro and micronutrients and organic substances and beneficial microbiology. Suståne 3-7-2 is derived from biologically stable compost plus humates, feather meal, and mycorrhizae.
Suståne 3-7-2 All-Natural Fertilizer promotes a rapid rate of vegetative establishment. Quick ground cover minimizes soil erosion and the need for repairs or re-seeding. Ideal for reclamation, bio-remediation, revegetation, and building of disturbed or depleted soils, native plant establishment, construction site vegetation, beach restoration, burn area reestablishment and mine site reclamation.
Benefits of Suståne 3-7-2 with Mycorrhizae and Humates
- Increases microbial diversity index in soils.
- Enhances plant stress tolerance in any environment or soil type.
- Adds approximately 12% humates by weight.
- Contains all primary, secondary and tertiary nutrients for plant growth.
- Low Salt Index (6) allows for optimal native plant establishment.
- Supplies soil with 60% Organic Matter in the form of stabilized humus.
- Carbon: Nitrogen Ratio (8:1) ensures no N immobilization in soil.
- Increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil.
- Enhances the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens.
- Improves and sustains soil health.
- Improves buffering against changes in soil pH.
- Increases the soil’s C.E.C (cation exchange capacity).
- Improves soil structure, porosity, and stability leading to greater root development, infiltration, and soil micropores.
Always Safe for Plants, People and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne® in the USA at an EPA-permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed/seed-free, no sewage sludge, blood, or meat products.
- The only organic allowed for export to over 50 countries worldwide.
- Suståne 3-7-2 is rich in microbial diversity and humic substances that are part of the natural cycling of plants and nutrients in all soils.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to the application site.
- Easy to apply and predictable every time. The most effective
- Suståne is fully composted - not sterilized; enhancing the soil environment for beneficial microbial populations.
Mycorrhizae work by delivering nutrients from the soil to the plant's roots. This results in greatly reduced fertilization needs and increased water availability. Mycorrhizae help to eliminate nitrogen runoff, can take 30% more carbon out of the air, and add to the health of plants.
Humates are highly compressed, natural organic humus, the decayed remains of tropical rain forests, which existed millions of years ago in what is now the southwestern United States. Humates add organic material containing humic acids to your soil, which stimulates soil life. Sustane Humates are naturally-occurring, unaltered oxidized lignite and contain a supplemental source of trace elements.
Suståne Integrated Soil Management Programs:
Land Management, Native Restoration & Erosion Control Programs:
- for 45 lb. of N per acre apply 1,500 lb.
- for 90 lb. of N per acre apply 3,000 lb.
- for 130 lb. of N per acre apply 4,333 lb.
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 100 lb. per 1,000 square feet
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 160 lb. per 1,000 square feet
- Light, High Sandy Soil: 200 lb. per 1,000 square feet
*Hydroseeding: Mix with water solution at a ratio of 4 lb. Suståne 3-7-2 to 1 gallon of water or 2 tons per 1,000-gallon tank.
- Incorporate 130 lb per 1,000 ft2 into the damaged soil.
- Re-apply 60 to 90 days later at a rate of 68 lb. per 1,000 ft2.
Broadcast Application Rates:
- Low Rate: apply 800 lb. per acre
- Medium Rate: apply 1,333 lb. per acre
- High Rate: apply 1,867 lb. per acre
Timing and Methods of Application:
- Fall application, post-harvest. Broadcast apply followed by light incorporation.
- Spring application, pre-plant. Broadcast apply followed by light incorporation.
- During planting, it can be applied by grain drills, banded or air seeders, direct with seed.
- During cultivation, apply next to row or use Suståne 8-2-4 for higher N demanding crops.
Preparation for Gardens, Landscapes, and Agricultural Crop Land:
Suståne 3-7-2 is intended as a general soil builder for broadcast application and improving soil organic matter levels, cation exchange capacity and enhancing and diversifying soil biological activity levels.
- Light, High Sandy Soil: 20 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil 16 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam 10 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
Fertilizer Maintenance for Large Trees:
Once trees have become well established, apply Suståne into holes punched into the ground within tree crown drip line. Once the tree has developed a 4-6 inch diameter, increase application rate to 1.5 lb. of Suståne per inch of tree trunk diameter.
|0.3% Ammoniacal Nitrogen|
|0.3% Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen|
|2.4% Water Insoluble Organic Nitrogen*|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||7%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||2%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Carbon: Nitrogen (C:H)||8:1|
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||38|
|Salt Index (scale 1-100)||6|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||80%|
Non-plant Food Ingredients:
Derived from lignite and composted turkey litter.
Arbuscular Mycorrhizae Inoculum (VAM) ..................... 4.80 spores/g
- Rhizophagus irregularis 3.36 spores/g
- Rhizophagus clarus 0.48 spores/g
- Septoglomus deserticola 0.48 spores/g
- Claroideoglomus etunicatum 0.48 spores/g
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter, feather meal and lignite.
*2.4% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter, feather meal and lignite.
Available Particle Size:
- Medium Grade, 200 SGN (2.8mm - 1.4mm)
- 33 lb. covers 1,000 ft2 @ 1 lb. N per 1,000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 16.1 kg covers 100 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- Apply 33 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 161 g per 1 m2