Suståne 3-7-4 is a granulated organic fertilizer that is rich in organic phosphorus and provides all of the soil building qualities of a concentrated compost.
Rapid vegetative establishment for organic agriculture and erosion control, highway roadside, wetlands and burn, mine site reclamation, and oil/gas site remediation.
Suståne 3-7-4 Natural Organic is a granulated organic fertilizer made from nutrient-rich, concentrated compost. Suståne replenishes the soil with a rich supply of humus (stabilized organic matter) and all of the essential nutrients required for quality growth. Suståne 3-7-4 provides a concentrated package of plant macro and micronutrients and organic substances and beneficial microbiology derived from biologically stable compost.
For use in the production of certified organic crops, as a general soil builder, crop starter fertilizer, organic phosphorus source, erosion control, and remediation. In-row or broadcast, quick ground cover minimizes soil erosion and gets crops off to a fast start. Ideal for reclamation, revegetation and building of disturbed or depleted soils, native plant establishment, construction site vegetation, beach restoration, burn area reestablishment, and mine site reclamation.
Benefits of Suståne 3-7-4
- An excellent source of phosphorus provides a rapid start to crops.
- It can be applied in row, direct with seed.
- Contains all primary, secondary and tertiary nutrients for plant growth.
- Supplies soil with 55% Organic Matter in the form of stabilized humus.
- Carbon: Nitrogen Ratio (8:1) ensures no N immobilization in soil.
- Increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil.
- Enhances the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens.
- Improves soil structure, porosity, and stability leading to greater root development, infiltration, and soil micropores.
Always Safe for Plants, People, and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed/seed-free, no sewage sludge, blood or meat products or pharmaceutical byproducts.
- The only organic allowed for export to over 60 countries worldwide.
- USDA NOP, COR, EU, and JAS organic compliant.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to the application site.
- Suståne will not attract flies or other insects.
- Suståne is fully composted - not sterilized; enhancing the soil environment for beneficial microbial populations.
- It improves and sustains soil health.
Application Rates and Methods:
Crop Establishment Apply direct in-row with the seed at rates of 100 lb. up to 250 lb. per acre.
Broadcast Application Rates:
- For 30 lb. of N per acre apply 1,000 lb.
- For 50 lb. of N per acre apply 1,667 lb.
- For 70 lb. of N per acre apply 2,333 lb.
For 70 lb. of N per acre apply 2,333 lb.
- Fall application, post-harvest. Broadcast apply followed by light incorporation.
- Spring application, pre-plant. Broadcast apply followed by light incorporation.
- During planting, it can be applied by grain drills, banded, or air seeders, direct with seed.
- During cultivation, apply next to row or use Suståne 8-2-4 for higher N demanding crops.
Land Management, Native Restoration & Erosion Control Programs:
- For 44 lb. of N per acre apply 1467 lb.
- For 90 lb. of N per acre apply 3000 lb.
- For 130 lb. of N per acre apply 4333 lb.
- Light, High Sandy Soil:10 lb. per 100 ft2 of bed
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 15 lb. per 100 ft2 of bed
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 20 lb. per 100 ft2 of bed
(*Hydroseeding: Mix with water solution at a ratio of 4 lb. Suståne 3-7-4 to 1 gallon of water or 2 tons per 1,000-gallon tank)
|Total Nitrogen (N)||3%|
|0.3% Ammoniacal Nitrogen|
|0.3% Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen|
|.4% Water Insoluble Organic Nitrogen*|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||7%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||4%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||38|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||80%|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter.
*2.4% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter.
Available particle sizes:
- Medium Grade, 200 SGN (2.8 mm - 1.4 mm)
- 33 lb. covers 1,000 ft2 @ 1 lb. N per 1,000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 16.1 kg covers 100 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- Apply 33 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 161 g per 1 m2