Suståne® 3-7-4 is a granulated organic fertilizer that is rich in organic phosphorus and provides all of the soil building qualities of a concentrated compost.
|Label||Spec Sheet||MSDS||WSDA Certificate|
Suståne 3-7-4 Natural Organic is a granulated organic fertilizer made from nutrient rich, concentrated compost. Suståne replenishes the soil with a rich supply of humus (stabilized organic matter) and all of the essential nutrients required for quality growth. Suståne 3-7-4 provides a concentrated package of plant macro and micro nutrients and organic substances and beneficial microbiology derived from biologically stable compost.
For use in the production of certified organic crops, as a general soil builder, crop starter fertilizer, organic phosphorus source, erosion control, native reestablishment and soil reclamation and remediation.
Benefits of Suståne 3-7-4
- An excellent source of phosphorus provides rapid start to crops.
- Can be applied in row, direct with seed.
- Contains all primary, secondary and tertiary nutrients for plant growth.
- Low Salt Index (6) requires no delay in planting following application.
- Supplies soil with 60% Organic Matter in the form of stabilized humus.
- Carbon:Nitrogen Ratio (8:1) ensures no N immobilization in soil.
- Increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil.
- Enhances the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens.
- Improves soil structure, porosity and stability leading to greater root development, infiltration and soil micropores.
Always Safe for Plants, People and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed/seed free, no blood, bone or meat products.
- The only organic allowed for export to over 50 countries worldwide.
- USDA NOP, COR, EU and JAS organic compliant.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to application site.
- Suståne will not attract flies or other insects.
- Suståne is fully composted - not sterilized; enhancing the soil environment for beneficial microbial populations.
- Improves and sustains soil health.
|Total Nitrogen (N)||3%|
|0.3% Ammoniacal Nitrogen|
|0.3% Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen|
|.4% Water Insoluble Organic Nitrogen*|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||7%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||4%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||38|
|Salt Index (scale 1-100)||6|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||80%|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter.
*2.4% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter.
Available particle sizes:
- Medium Grade, 200 SGN (2.8 mm - 1.4 mm)
- 33 lb. covers 1,000 ft2 @ 1 lb. N per 1,000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 16.1 kg covers 100 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- Apply 33 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 161 g per 1 m2
Application Rates and Methods:
Crop Establishment Apply direct in-row with seed at rates of 100 lb. up to 250 lb. per acre.
Broadcast Application Rates:
- For 30 lb. of N per acre apply 1,000 lb.
- For 50 lb. of N per acre apply 1,667 lb.
- For 70 lb. of N per acre apply 2,333 lb.
For 70 lb. of N per acre apply 2,333 lb.
- Fall application, post harvest. Broadcast apply followed by light incorporation.
- Spring application, pre-plant. Broadcast apply followed by light incorporation.
- During planting, can be applied by grain drills, banded or air seeders, direct with seed.
- During cultivation, apply next to row or use Suståne 8-2-4 for higher N demanding crops.
Land Management, Native Restoration & Erosion Control Programs:
- For 44 lb. of N per acre apply 1467 lb.
- For 90 lb. of N per acre apply 3000 lb.
- For 130 lb. of N per acre apply 4333 lb.
- Light, High Sandy Soil:10 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 15 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 20 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
(*Hydroseeding: Mix with water solution at a ratio of 4 lb. Suståne 3-7-4 to 1 gallon of water or 2 tons per 1,000 gallon tank)