Suståne® 6-1-3 is a natural organic slow release nitrogen fertilizer that provides organic nitrogen combined with nutrient rich compost for total plant nutrition.
Suståne® 6-1-3 All Natural Fertilizer promotes a rapid rate of vegetative establishment. Quick ground cover minimizes soil erosion and the need for repairs or re-seeding. Suståne replenishes the soil with a rich supply of humus (stabilized organic matter) and all of the primary, secondary and minor nutrients essential for quality growth. Suståne® 6-1-3 is derived from biologically stable compost plus natural potash and feather meal.
Rapid vegetative establishment, erosion control, wetlands and watershed areas, native plant areas, dune and beach restoration, burn area reestablishment, mine site reclamation, oil/gas/coal right of ways and pipelines, highway roadside establishment, protected natural areas, forests, parks and landscapes.
Benefits of Suståne 6-1-3
- Adds approximately 10% humates by weight
- Increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil
- Strengthens plants tolerance against hot dry conditions
- Promotes greater root development
- Improves buffering against changes in soil pH
- Increases the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens
- Increases soil porosity and stability for greater root development and water holding capacity
- Suitable for arid and saline soils
- Lowers transportation and application costs
Always Safe for Plants, People and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed free, no blood or bone products.
- Allowed for export to over 60 countries world wide.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to application site.
- Contains naturally occurring beneficial bacteria and fungi that are necessary to begin nutrient life cycle in poor soil.
- Suståne is fully composted eliminating the need for sterilization, permitting a healthy environment for beneficial microbial populations.
|Total Nitrogen (N)||6%|
|0.3% Ammoniacal Nitrogen|
|0.3% Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen|
|5.4% Water Insoluble Organic Nitrogen*|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||1%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||3%|
Total Plant Nutrition
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||36|
|Salt Index (scale 1-100)||4|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||90%|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter, feather meal, and sulfate of potash.
*5.4% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter and feather meal
Available Particle Sizes:
- Medium Grade, 200 SGN (2.8 mm - 1.4 mm)
- 50 lb. covers 3,000 ft2 @ 1 lb. N per 1,000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 22.67 kg covers 272 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- Apply 16.7 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 8.3 g per 1 m2
Suståne Integrated Soil Management Program:
Land Management, Native Restoration & Erosion Control Programs:
- For 45 lb. of N per acre apply 733 lb.
- For 90 lb. of N per acre apply 1,500 lb.
- For 130 lb. of N per acre apply 2,167 lb.
- Light, High Sandy Soil: 1300 lb. per 1,000 square feet
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 100 lb. per 1,000 square feet
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 70 lb. per 1,000 square feet
(Hydroseeding: Mix with water solution at a ratio of 4 lb. Suståne 6-1-3 to 1 gallon of water or 2 tons per 1,000 gallon tank)
Soil Remediation: For bio-remediation, forest re-establishment & extreme situations where top soil has been removed or badly damaged.
- Incorporate 130 lb per 1,000 ft2 into the damaged soil.
- Re-apply 60 to 90 days later at a rate of 68 lb. per 1,000 ft2.
Broadcast Application Rates:
- Low Rate: apply 500 lb. per acre
- Medium Rate: apply 1000 lb. per acre
- High Rate: apply 2000 lb. per acre
Timing and Methods of Application
- Fall application, post harvest. Broadcast apply followed by light incorporation.
- Spring application, pre-plant. Broadcast apply followed by light incorporation.
- During planting, can be applied by grain drills, banded or air seeders, direct with seed.
- During cultivation, apply next to row or use Suståne 8-2-4 for higher N demanding crops.
Preparation for Gardens, Landscapes and Agricultural Crop Land:
Suståne 6-1-3 is intended as a general soil builder for broadcast application and improving soil organic matter levels, cation exchange capacity and enhancing and diversifying soil biological activity levels.
- Light, High Sandy Soil: 13 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil 10 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam 7 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
Fertilizer Maintenance for Large Trees
Once trees have become well established, apply Suståne into holes punched into the ground within tree crown drip line. Once the tree has developed a 4-6 inch diameter, increase application rate to 1.5 lb. of Suståne per inch of tree trunk diameter.