Suståne® 4-6-4 All Natural Granulated Slow Release Nitrogen Fertilizer
Organic Plant Starter and Soil Builder
|Label||Spec Sheet||MSDS||OMRI Certificate||WSDA Certificate|
All purpose slow release fertilizer for landscaped areas, overseeding and turf establishment. Fastest starter available. Golf course, home and sports turf grow in. Allowed for use in the production of certified organic crops, rapid vegetative establishment, landscaped areas, overseeding and turf establishment, erosion control, native prairie reestablishment. Fastest starter available.
Suståne 4-6-4 is a natural organic starter and maintenance fertilizer. Suståne 4-6-4 works by replenishing the soil with a rich supply of humus (stabilized organic matter) and the essential nutrients required for sound and long term fertility programs. Suståne 4-6-4 provides a combination of slow release nutrients and organic substances. Derived from biologically stable compost plus natural potash and feathermeal. Suståne 4-6-4 All Natural Fertilizer promotes a rapid rate of vegetative establishment. Quick ground cover minimizes soil erosion and the need for repairs or re-seeding. Suståne® replenishes the soil with a rich supply of humus (stabilized organic matter) and all of the essential nutrients required for quality growth.
Benefits of Suståne 4-6-4
- Increases the nutrient and water holding capacity of the soil
- Strengthens plants tolerance against hot dry conditions
- Promotes greater root development
- Improves buffering against changes in soil pH
- Increases the soil’s ability to suppress plant pathogens
- Increases soil porosity and stability for greater root development and water holding capacity
Always Safe for Plants, People and the Environment
- Manufactured by Suståne in the USA at an EPA permitted facility.
- Pathogen and weed free, no blood or bone products. Allowed for export to over 60 countries world wide.
- Aerobic composting eliminates animal and rodent attraction to application site.
- Contains naturally occurring beneficial bacteria and fungi that are necessary to begin nutrient life cycle in poor soil.
- Suståne is fully composted eliminating the need for sterilization, permitting a healthy environment for beneficial microbial populations.
|Total Nitrogen (N)||4%|
|Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen||0.4%|
|Water Insoluble Organic Nitrogen||3.2%|
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||6%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||4%|
|Bulk Density lb./cu. ft||36|
|Salt Index (scale 1-100)||4|
|% of Total N as Slow Release||80%|
Derived from aerobically composted turkey litter, feather meal, and sulfate of potash.
*3.2% slowly available nitrogen from aerobically composted turkey litter and feather meal
Available Particle Sizes:
- Medium Grade, 200 SGN (2.8 mm - 1.4 mm)
- Fine Grade, 100 SGN (1.4 mm - 0.6 mm)
- 50 lb. covers 2000 ft2 @ 1 lb. N per 1000 ft2 (44 lb. N per acre)
- 22.67 kg covers 186 m2 @ 0.5 kg N per 100 m2 (50 kg N per hectare)
- Apply 12.5 lb. per 1000 ft2
- Apply 125 g per 1 m2
Suståne Integrated Soil Management Program:Turf Establishment, Seeding, New Lawn Construction Laying Sod and Sprigging:Suståne 4-6-4 is a complete package fertilizer containing Slow Release Nitrogen, chelated micronutrients, organic phosphorous and humic substances. Suståne 4-6-4 has been demonstrated time and again to surpass synthetic turf starter fertilizers and other sources of humates and plant biostimulants.
Preplant - Broadcast and Incorporate into top 4 in. (5 cm) of soil
- 50 lb. per 1,000 ft2 or 2,200 lb. per acre
- 25 kg per 100 m2 or 1,250 kg per hectare
Postplant (45-60 days) - Broadcast and water in
- 25 lb. per 1,000 ft2 or 1,100 lb. per acre
- 12.5 kg per 100 m2 or 1,250 kg per hectare
Landscapers' Choice:Professional landscapers have increasingly turned to Suståne 4-6-4 for use on high maintenance turf and landscaped environments. While synthetic fertilizers supply plant growth nutrients, they do not supply the organic matter required to maintain quality growth. Using fully composted natural fertilizers increases the levels of beneficial microbial activity, which in turn convert nutrients into plant available forms.
Warm Season Turf
- Athletic Fields, Parks and Lawncare
- Apply 4-7 times per season
- Spring and Fall - 25 lb. per 1,000 ft2
- Summer - 19 lb. per 1,000 ft2
Cool Season Turf
- Athletic Fields, Parks and Lawncare
- Apply 2-3 times per season
- 25 lbs. per 1,000 ft2
Land Management, Native Restoration & Erosion Control Programs:
- For 44 lb. of N per acre apply 1100 lb.
- For 90 lb. of N per acre apply 2200 lb.
- For 130 lb. of N per acre apply 3400 lb.
- Light, High Sandy Soil: 20 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
- Medium, Clay Loam Soil: 15 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
- Heavy, Silty, Clay Loam: 10 lb. per 100 square feet of bed
(Hydroseeding: Mix with water solution at a ratio of 4 lb. Suståne 4-6-4 to 1 gallon of water or 2 tons per 1,000 gallon tank)Crop Application Rates for Suståne 4-6-4:
- These rates are intended as guidelines. Suståne encourages a trial prior to changing any fertilizer program.
- Do not steam sterilize container mix after fertilizer has been incorporated.
- Do not store container mix more than two weeks after incorporating fertilizer. Plant material can be damaged from salt accumulation.
- Monitor electrical conductivity (EC) of container substrate throughout production cycle.
- If mix is stored longer than two weeks, leaching container mix may be required to remove accumulated salts.
- Adjust application rate as needed.